GHS is celebrating Homecoming 2014 with a week of spirited events! Here is what ASB has planned for the week:
- Monday – Pajama Day!
- Tuesday – Twins Day!
- Wednesday – Dress your wildest on Wacky Wednesday!
- Thursday – Go back in time in Theme Day!
- Friday – And finally, wear your Class Shirts!
The week concludes with the Homecoming Game on Friday at 7 pm, and the Homecoming Dance with the theme “A Night at Olympus” on Saturday. Tickets for the dance are on sale now and please see flyers posted on campus for all the details. Finally, check out this fun promotional video for Homecoming: https://www.youtube.com/user/ghseagletv/ featured. Which class will stand victorious and who will be the next King and Queen?
Listed below are some of the additional events happening this week at GHS. Specific GHS PTSA events are noted below in blue.
- Monday, Sept. 22: The UC Personal Statement Workshop will be held today during 2nd period. Bring a copy of your personal statement. Space is limited. You can sign up on your Blueprint Account to attend college events.
- Tuesday, Sept.23: Ash-a-Wut Yearbook will have its Photo with Friends Booth at lunch in the Quad for Twins Days! Pay just $2 for four pictures.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): You can support the GHS PTSA by stopping by the Dog Haus with locations in Alhambra and Pasadena any Tuesday during the school year. Present the flyer and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, Sept. 24: GHS Parent Seminar, 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre. In this first parent seminar of the year, GHS families can learn more about the parent portal on Aeries.net (online grading system) and the Blueprint-Naviance system (college and career prep system).
- Thursday, Sept. 25: GHS Freshman Football v. Glendale, 3:15 pm. The JV team plays at Marshall Fundamental.
- Friday, Sept. 26: GHS Progress Report to be mailed home today.
- Friday, Sept. 26: Homecoming Game -- GHS Varsity Football v. Marshall Fundamental, 7:00 pm. Tell all GHS alumni, faculty and friends, that it’s time to come home … and GO EAGLES!
- Saturday, Sept. 27: Homecoming Dance 2014, 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm, Quad area. Snacks provided by GHS PTSA members.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Tuesday, Sept. 30: ELAC Meeting, 6:30 pm.
- Wednesday, Oct. 1: GHS Parent Seminar, 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre, focusing on Colleges and Financial Aid. GHS juniors, seniors and their families should make plans to attend this important event.
Lastly, a few other announcements and reminders:
GHS students can unleash their artistic talent by participating in the GHS PTSA 2014 Reflections Program. The Program’s theme this year is “The world would be a better place if ….” Open to all GHS students, students can submit an original piece, inspired by the theme, in any of the following six (6) areas: dance choreography; film production; literature; music composition; photography; and visual arts. Submission deadline is November 3rd in the Student Center. For more detailed information, please see the attached flyer and go to: http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/reflections.html.
Just a reminder that the GHS library is open Monday through Friday until 7:00 pm and is available to all GHS students. Funded by the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF), this is being offered on a "trial" basis only because feedback received by SEF was that students needed the library opened until later hours (later than 6:00 pm). SEF will determine the appropriate closure time after this trial period.
It’s time to clean out your closets and garages. The GHS Speech & Debate Boosters is hosting a Goodwill Fundraiser on October 11, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Let’s help the Screamin’ Eagles fill up the Goodwill truck by donating used or unwanted items! See flyer for more information.
For additional events and other news regarding GHS, please visit the school website at: http://www.gabrielino.sgusd.k12.ca.us/.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board