- Monday, Sept. 1: NO SCHOOL – Labor Day Holiday.
- Tuesday, Sept. 2: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Stop by at the Dog Haus located at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra for some great food. Bring a flier from GHS and a portion of the sale will support the PTSA. (click here to download flier)
- Wednesday, Sept. 3: Late Start Day, school is in session from 9:40 am to 2:55 pm. All students must arrive on campus by 9:30 am.
- Wednesday, Sept. 3: Girls Volleyball, 3:30 pm, scrimmage game v. San Gabriel Mission, Large Gym.
- Wednesday, Sept. 3: GHS PTSA Board meeting, 7 pm, Principal’s Conference Room.
- Thursday, Sept. 4: Girls Volleyball, Alumni games, JV at 5:00 pm, Varsity at 6:00 pm, Large Gym.
- Friday, Sept. 5: Fall Sports and Homecoming Rally. And ASB will be selling snow cones at lunch for $1. Gold ASB card holders receive a free snowcone.
- Friday, Sept. 5: GHS Football, Varsity Home Opener v. Don Bosco, 7 pm. Come cheer on our Varsity Football team in the first game of the season. Plus the Gabrielino Eagles Marching Regiment will be performing for the first time in their brand new uniforms! This is an event you don’t want to miss.
- Monday, Sept. 8: GHS Parent Information Night, 6 pm, Goodson Theatre. There will also be a brief GHS PTSA Association meeting held at this time.
- Tuesday, Sept. 9: Minimum Day, school is in session from 8:00 am to 11:25 am. All students are dismissed at 11:25 am
- The San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) invites all SGUSD families to “Dinner and a Movie” to be held on Friday, September 12 at Jefferson Middle School. They will be showing “The Lego Movie” and have food trucks, music and other fun activities. Please see attached flyer for more information.
- September is the last month of the City of San Gabriel’s Farmers Market, held on Thursdays from 4:00 to 8:00 pm at the Vincent Lugo Park. You’ll find locally-grown fresh fruits and vegetables, specialty foods and more. Come check it out.
- Students interested in trying out for the 2015 Tournament of Roses Royal Court need to apply at tounamentofroses.com. You must be 17 years old by December 31st to apply. Tryout date is September 13.
Finally, did you know the GHS PTSA has a Facebook group? You can have news delivered to your Facebook news feed, or you can visit to ask questions and discuss GHS issues with other parents, students and community members. Take a look at https://facebook.com/groups/gabrielinoptsa.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board