In addition, Congratulations to GHS geometry teacher Will Wong on his selection by the California State PTA (CAPTA) for the “Teacher Making a Difference” Award. The GHS PTSA nominated Mr. Wong for his innovations in the classroom, passion for education and commitment to the GHS community. Mr. Wong will be profiled in an upcoming issue of the PTA in California newsletter, but for now, is honored on the CAPTA website at http://www.capta.org/sections/basics/viewpage.cfm?p=2616. Thank you, Mr. Wong, for all you do to make a difference in and outside the classroom!
Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, May 5: AP Testing begins today! The AP tests in the subjects of Chemistry, Environmental Science and Psychology take place today. Please see the College and Career Center for additional information regarding the AP testing schedule this week.
- Monday, May 5: GHS Prom 2014 tickets are now on sale! Tickets are $85 today, and starting tomorrow, are $90 with ASB card and $98 without. Please see attached flyer for more information and see Mrs. Sanchez for your required dance contracts.
- Tuesday, May 6: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Have you tried the delicious hot dogs at the Dog Haus yet? They are located on 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Just mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, May 7: GHS Baseball vs. Rosemead, at 3:15 pm (JV and Freshmen teams play on campus while the Varsity team plays there).
- Wednesday, May 7: GHS PTSA Board Meeting, 7 pm, Principal's Conference Room.
- Thursday, May 8: ELAC Meeting, 6 pm, GHS Media Center.
- Friday, May 9: GHS Baseball vs. El Monte, at 3:15 pm. pm (Varsity team plays on campus while the JV and Freshmen teams play there).
- Friday and Saturday, May 9 -10: GHS Speech Showcase, 6:00-8:00 pm, Goodson Theatre.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Wednesday, May 14: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, May 14: GHS Site Council Meeting, 6 pm, Principal's Conference Room.
- Friday, May 16: GHS Prom 2014, 7-11 pm.
--GHS PTSA Board