Please join us in congratulating Coach Derek Yuill, the Speech & Debate Coach, for earning the Fifth Diamond degree from the National Forensic League! Based on the points his students earned in competition, Coach Yuill had over 13,000 points. He will be recognized at this year’s National Tournament in Salt Lake City, Utah, June 12-17. Come support your Screamin’ Eagles! See http://www.speechanddebate.org/nationals
Ok, there was a mistake last week: Yearbooks will be distributed THIS Tuesday, 5/24! You can still purchase your copy from my friend, Mrs. Sanchez, in the Student Center for $95 with ASB or $105 without ASB.
REMEMBER! Next Monday is MEMORIAL DAY! It’s a national holiday. Don’t come to school. There won’t be any mail, either.
FYI, FINALS WEEK (5/31 – 6/2) is half days, 8 AM – 12:15 PM, Tuesday through Thursday. Here’s the schedule:
- Monday – Memorial Day, as previously discussed
- Tuesday – Finals for periods 1 & 4
- Wednesday – Finals for periods 2 & 5
- Thursday – Finals for periods 3 & 6
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Wednesday, May 25: Senior Awards Banquet at 7 PM in the Large Gym
- Thursday, May 26: Senior Check-Out Day, 8 AM – 2:55 PM. This is the last GHS day for Seniors! CONGRATULATIONS! Caps and gowns will be distributed in the Career Center beginning at 2 PM!
- Friday, May 27:
- Track & Field CIF Southern Section Masters Meet @ Cerritos College, 11110 Alondra Blvd., Norwalk, 90650
- Seniors’ Graduation Rehearsal, 9 AM – 12 PM in the Large Gym. THIS IS MANDATORY! All exceptions must be cleared with Mrs. Heinrich BEFORE this day, 5/27! Graduation tickets will be handed out AFTER rehearsal!
Here are some of the events that are happening next week:
- Monday, May 30: MEMORIAL DAY! SUMMER OFFICIALLY BEGINS!
- Tuesday, May 31:
- Finals, periods 1 & 4
- Additional Graduation tickets go on sale today at the Main Office for $10 each! Tickets will only be sold to family members (not students).
- Seniors’ Graduation Rehearsal, 10:30 AM – 12 PM at Santa Anita Racetrack, 285 W. Huntington Dr., Arcadia, 91007. THIS IS, TOO, MANDATORY! All exceptions must be cleared with Mrs. Heinrich BEFORE this day, 5/31!
- Wednesday, June 1: Finals, periods 2 & 5
- Thursday, June 2: Finals, periods 3 & 6
Thank you and get your psyche ready for . . . SUMMER!
-- GHS PTSA Board