Prom tickets are almost sold out so today, May 11th, is likely the last day to buy tickets. Tickets are $120 per person for this Friday’s “Night at the Enchanted Forest” Prom to be held at the Langham Huntington in Pasadena.
This Friday, May 15, is also a Minimum Day with school concluding at 11:25 am.
Finally, ASB is hosting Prom Spirit Week this week with the following fun events:
- May 11 – Mismatch Monday
- May 12 – Floral Tuesday
- May 13 – Workout Wednesday (Athletic gear)
- May 14 – Throwback Thursday
- May 15 – PJ Friday
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Tuesday, May 12: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, May 13: School Site Council Meeting, Principal’s Conference Room, 6:00 pm.
- Thursday, May 14: GHS Baseball v. Rosemead, 3:15 pm, Varsity team plays at home.
- Thursday, May 14: GHS Softball v. Rosemead, 3:15 pm, Varsity team plays at home.
- Friday, May 15: Minimum Day, school ends at 11:25 am.
- Friday, May 15: GHS 2015 Prom, Langham Huntington in Pasadena, 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm.
- Saturday, May 16: GHS Speech Novice Championships to be held at Gabrielino, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Please keep these in mind for the next week:
- Wednesday, May 20: The Special Needs Committee is hosting a Special Needs Parent Education Night from 7:00-8:30 pm at the West San Gabriel Valley Special Education Local Plan Area Office (WSGVS SELPA) located at 15 W. Alhambra Road in Alhambra. Please RSVP to Cheryl Shellhart at 626-222-6720 or at SGspecialneedsgroup@gmail.com. See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, May 20: GHS Choir Spring Concert, Goodson Theatre, 7:00 pm.
- Thursday, May 21: GHS Band/Orchestra Spring Concert, Goodson Theatre, 7:00 pm.
- Monday, May 25: No School – Memorial Day Holiday.
The San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) continues to accept registrations for the 2015 SEF Summer Academy. While many of the classes are filling up quickly, SEF will continue to accept registrations and fill the classes on a first come, first serve basis. Please see catalog listing the Summer Academy classes offered for high school students.
Lastly, the City of San Gabriel is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of La Laguna Park on Saturday, May 16, at Vincent Lugo Park from 11am-2pm. See attached flyer for more information or contact the San Gabriel City Community Services Department at 626-308-2875 or visit www.sangabrielcity.com.
Thank you and have a great week!
GHS PTSA Board