FREE TUTORING EVERY DAY! Tongva Tutors are available every day to help you with (probably) EVERY class you have, including Spanish and Chinese! These tutors are either teachers or specific students under the direction of the teachers, so it’s very meaningful and effective! Click here for the Tutoring Schedule and room locations!
Remember that this Wednesday is a LATE START day. Be on campus at 9:30 am - classes begin at 9:40 am.
Also, this Wednesday is the Parent Seminar Workshop on the CAASPP Testing Program in the Goodson Theatre at 7 pm!
DAY LIGHT SAVINGS BEGINS on Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 2:00 am to be exact. (Spring forward 1 hour. Get it? Because it’s… Spring?)
Guys, practice saying “Yes, I will!” That’s right! The Sadie Hawkins Dance is around the corner! Friday, March 18!
The Athletics Boosters & SG Special Needs Committee 2016 Charity Golf Tournament is on April 23, Saturday, at San Dimas Golf Course! Registration at 6 am. Shot-gun start at 7 am. $150 per player includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, awards, and prizes! To register for this event, fill out the form link on the PTSA website. Registration deadline is March 26. http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Tuesday, March 8: Boys Golf v. Temple City at 2:30 at Alhambra Golf Course
- Tuesday, March 8: Swim Meet @ Temple City at 3:15, 9501 Lemon Ave., Temple City, 91780
- Wednesday, March 9: LATE START DAY! All students need to be on campus by 9:30!
- Wednesday, March 9: Baseball v. South El Monte at 3:15, JV and Frosh HERE, Varsity away.
- Wednesday, March 9: Softball v. South Pasadena at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away – 1401 Fremont St., South Pasadena, 91030
- Wednesday, March 9: Parent Seminar Workshop – CAASPP Testing Program! 7 pm in the Goodson Theatre!
- Thursday, March 10: Boys Golf v. Schurr at 3 at the Montebello Golf Course, 901 Via San Clemente, Montebello, 90640
- Thursday, March 10: Swim Meet at 3:15 v. Alhambra, HERE (Smith Park, 232 W. Broadway, San Gabriel 91776)
- Thursday, March 10: Track & Field Tri-Meet v. Azusa and Marshall at Pasadena High School, 2925 E. Sierra Madre Blvd., Pasadena, 91107
- Friday, March 11: Speech National Qualifiers @ San Marino High School through Saturday, 2701 Huntington Dr., San Marino, 91108
- Friday, March 11: Baseball v. El Monte at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV and Frosh away
- Saturday, March 12: Speech National Qualifiers @ San Marino High School, 2701 Huntington Dr., San Marino, 91108
- Saturday, March 12: Track & Field - It’s the Rosemead Invitational! Details TBA
Here are some of the events that are happening next week:
- Tuesday, March 15: Boys Golf v. Temple City at 2:30 at Eaton Canyon Golf Course, 1150 Sierra Madre Villa Ave., Pasadena, 91107
- Tuesday, March 15: Softball v. San Marino at 3:30, JV HERE, Varsity away, 2701 Huntington Dr., San Marino, 91108
- Wednesday, March 16: Baseball v. Mountain View at 3:15, JV HERE, Varsity away, no Frosh game today
- Wednesday, March 16: Gabrielino H.S. School Site Council (SSC) meeting tonight at 6 pm in the Principal’s Conference Room
- Thursday, March 17: Choir Festival @ Glendale High School from 12 noon – 4, 1440 E. Broadway, Glendale, 91205
- Thursday, March 17: Boys Golf v. South Pasadena at 2:30 at Alhambra Gold Course
- Thursday, March 17: Swim Meet v. Mark Keppel at 3:15 at Barnes Park, 400 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, 91754
- Thursday, March 17: Track & Field @ El Monte at 3:15
- Friday, March 18: Softball v. Schurr at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Saturday, March 19: Speech National Qualifiers Congress HERE
Thank you and enjoy every day!
-- GHS PTSA Board