Just a reminder that CAHSEE Testing takes place on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. For Freshmen and Sophomores, no change in schedule. For Juniors and Seniors, need to be at school by 11 am on Tuesday (unless you are taking the ASVAB). On Wednesday, ALL Seniors are required to be on campus by 10 am for the Senior Assembly and Panoramic picture, and Juniors are to be at school by 11 am.
Congratulations to the Speech and Debate Team for qualifying this past weekend in the East LA County/Orange County Speech National Qualifying Tournament. They are off to Kansas in June. Great job once again Screamin’ Eagles!
Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, March 17: Community Forum to discuss the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) for SGUSD, Washington Elementary, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. To learn more about LCFF and LCAP, visit the GHS PTSA website at http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/lcff-and-lcap.html.
- Tuesday, March 18: CAHSEE Testing (see note above). Freshmen and Sophomores to arrive by 8 am, and Juniors and Seniors to arrive by 11 am.
- Tuesday, March 18: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): If you haven’t already, come try some delicious hot dogs at the Dog Haus on 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Tuesday, March 18: Community Forum to discuss the LCFF and LCAP for SGUSD, Coolidge Elementary, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. To learn more about LCFF and LCAP, visit the GHS PTSA website at http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/lcff-and-lcap.html.
- Wednesday, March 19: CAHSEE Testing continues (see note above). Freshmen and Sophomores to arrive by 8 am, Juniors to arrive by 11 am and Seniors to arrive by 10 am.
- Wednesday, March 19: GHS Site Council Meeting, 6 pm, Principals Conference Room.
- Thursday, March 20: GHS Track & Field vs. Mountain View, starts at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, March 21: Quarter Grades to be sent home.
- Friday, March 21: GHS Sound & Vision Art Exploration, 4 -7 pm, Multiple locations on campus.
- Saturday, March 22: “SEFapalooza 2014” is finally here, and will be held at the the San Gabriel County Club, starting at 6 pm. There is still time to get tickets for this annual celebration by the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF). Please see attached invitation or RSVP online. Any questions, please contact SEF at (626) 451-5465. Remember investing in our San Gabriel kids is one of the best investments we can make.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Thursday, March 27: GHS Open House, 6 – 9 pm.
- Friday, March 28: Minimum Day, all students are released at 11:25 am.
--GHS PTSA Board