By now, you have all received the GHS PTSA “direct appeal” letter, and have hopefully and carefully considered your contribution for this year. Thank you VERY much! We’ll be taking a few minutes during the GHS Open House next Thursday (3/24) to hold our Association Meeting and will announce our 2016-2017 PTSA Board Members! We hope to see you there!
REMINDER! PTA/PTSA Scholarship applications are due this Friday, 3/18! Info and applications are available at http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org
It’s TROPICAL NIGHTS SADIE’S this Friday! Now, get out there and dance! (Or, just people watch.) Tickets (per person) are $8 ASB Gold, $12 ASB and $15 regular.
NEW Tongva Tutoring Schedule is here! You can get help with just about any homework or project that’s causing you grief, or get constructive feedback on your latest essay!
This is the last week to get YEARBOOKS for $85 with ASB, $95 without ASB! You can buy them from Ms. Sanchez (Student Center). Prices go up $10 next Monday!
Help raise funds for the 2016 Prom (!) this Wednesday, 3/16, after school at Ono Hawaiian BBQ on Las Tunas!
8th Grade Parent Info Night is next Tuesday, 3/22, at 7 pm, for all incoming students, i.e., the Freshmen Class of 2016-207! Please spread the word!
REMINDER: OPEN HOUSE is next Thursday, 3/24, in the Goodson Theatre!
MINIMUM DAY is next Friday, 3/25! Get out at 11:25, then advance to Spring Break, 3/28-4/1!
AP Exams are on sale now through March 25! Each exam is $92, cash or checks only (exact change is appreciated)! If you have any questions and are on free/reduced lunch, please see/contact Mr. Arteaga in the Student Center.
The Athletics Boosters & SG Special Needs Committee 2016 Charity Golf Tournament is on April 23, Saturday, at San Dimas Golf Course! Registration at 6 am. Shot-gun start at 7 am. $150 per player includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, awards, and prizes! To register for this event, fill out the form link on the PTSA website. Registration deadline is March 26. http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Monday, March 14: Boys Volleyball @ West Adams Prep, JV at 4, Varsity at 5, 1500 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, 90007
- Tuesday, March 15:
- Boys Golf v. Temple City at 2:30 at Eaton Canyon Golf Course, 1150 Sierra Madre Villa Ave., Pasadena, 91107
- Boys Volleyball @ Bell Gardens, Varsity at 3:15, JV at 4:45, 6119 Agra St., Bell Gardens, 90201
- Softball v. San Marino at 3:30, JV HERE, Varsity away, 2701 Huntington Dr., San Marino, 91108
- Wednesday, March 16:
- Baseball v. Mountain View at 3:15, JV HERE, Varsity away, no Frosh game today
- Gabrielino H.S. School Site Council (SSC) meeting tonight at 6 pm in the Principal’s Conference Room
- Thursday, March 17:
- Choir Festival @ Glendale High School from 12 noon – 4, 1440 E. Broadway, Glendale, 91205
- Boys Golf v. South Pasadena at 2:30 at Alhambra Gold Course
- Swim Meet v. Mark Keppel at 3:15 at Barnes Park, 400 S. McPherrin Ave., Monterey Park, 91754
- Track & Field @ El Monte at 3:15
- Friday, March 18:
- Softball v. Schurr at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away
- SADIE HAWKINS!
- Saturday, March 19: Speech National Qualifiers Congress HERE
- Monday, March 21:
- Baseball v. Rosemead at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away (no Frosh game)
- Softball v. Rosemead at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Tuesday, March 22:
- Boys Golf @ San Dimas at 2:30, Via Verde Golf Course
- Boys Volleyball @ Rio Hondo Prep, Varsity @ 3:15, JV at 4:45, 5150 Farna Ave., Arcadia, 91006
- 8th Grade Parent Info Night at 7 pm
- Wednesday, March 23:
- Baseball v. Marshall at 3:15, Varsity away, JV HERE (no Frosh game)
- Softball v. Marshall at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Swim Meet @ Schurr at 3:15
- Thursday, March 24:
- Boys Golf v. San Dimas at 2:30 at Alhambra Golf Course
- Track & Field v. Mountain View HERE at 3:15
- Boys Volleyball v. South Pasadena HERE in the Large Gym, Varsity at 3:30, JV at 4:45
- OPEN HOUSE SPECTACULAR! Program begins at 6 in the Goodson Theatre and will include the PTSA meeting!
- Friday, March 25: MINIMUM DAY! School’s out at 11:25!
- Saturday, March 26: Track & Field – The Qualifier Invitational @ Covina District Stadium, details TBA!
- SPRING BREAK, MARCH 28 TO APRIL 1: You’ll have to play all your April Fools jokes at home!
Thank you and make the most of your youth!
-- GHS PTSA Board