Congratulations to all the girls on the team, Coach Moran, the GHS administration and staff, and the families of these awesome Lady Eagles on this historic victory!! We couldn’t be more proud. For details about the game, please read the story from the Pasadena Star News: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports/20140308/gabrielino-beats-st-monica-wins-schools-first-ever-cif-girls-soccer-title#article-top
Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, March 10: Sadie Hawkins Dance tickets on sale in the ASB room. $15 per person with ASB card ($2 more without ASB card).
- Monday, March 10: Tonight at 7 pm, the GHS PTSA will host a Parent-to-Parent Coffee on “Listening to our Kids” at the GHS Media Center. Building off the success of Gab Week in late February, parents can learn how to improve their listening skills to help with all relationships, including the ones with our children.
- Tuesday, March 11: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Come try some delicious hot dogs at the Dog Haus on 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, March 12: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, March 12: GHS Varsity Baseball play against Norwalk on campus at 3:15 pm.
- Wednesday, March 12: GHS Parent Seminar regarding the “Common Core,” 7:00 pm, Goodson Theatre. Come learn more and get your questions answered about these new educational standards (PTSA information page here).
- Thursday, March 13: Community Forum to discuss the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) for SGUSD, McKinley Elementary, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. To learn more about LCFF and LCAP, visit the GHS PTSA information page here.
- Friday, March 14: GHS Boys Volleyball, San Gabriel Tournament held on campus, details TBA.
- Saturday, March 15: Sadie Hawkins Dance, starts at 7 pm.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Tuesday and Wednesday, March 18-19: CAHSEE Testing.
- Wednesday, March 19: GHS Site Council Meeting, 6:00 pm, Principals Conference Room.
- Friday, March 21: 3rd Quarter grades to be sent home.
- There is still time to get your SEF-A-Palooza 2014 tickets! This annual celebration by the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) will be held on Saturday, March 22, 2014 at the San Gabriel County Club and will help to raise funds that directly benefit all SGUSD students. You can purchase tickets, advertising and sponsorships online at: https://seffor8schools.org/sef-a-palooza/
--GHS PTSA Board