Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, February 3: The GHS Writing Clinic starts today in Room B105! Open to all GHS students, the Clinic will run every Monday and Wednesday from 3:00 to 4:30 pm, and every Wednesday morning from 7:00 to 7:50 am (except for Late Start Days). Mr. Gafford and six student workers will be on hand to help with writing assignments (including homework, projects, essays, research papers and classwork). So just walk in and get assistance! See attached flyer for more information.
- Tuesday, February 4: Girls Soccer play at home v. Arroyo, starts at 3:15 pm.
- Tuesday, February 4: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Come check out the great hot dogs at the Dog Haus on 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, February 5: Late Start Day.
All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, February 5: Girls & Boys Basketball play at home v. Arroyo, Large Gym (Girls JV team plays at 3:15 pm, Girls Varsity at 4:45 pm and Boys Varsity play at 6:30 pm). The Boys JV and Freshmen teams will be playing at Arroyo.
- Wednesday, February 5: GHS PTSA Board meeting,
7:00 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, February 6: Boys Soccer play at home v. Mountain View, starts at 4:00 pm.
- Thursday, February 6: GHS Parent Information Night for current 9th to 11 grade families, 7:00 pm, Goodson Theatre.
- Friday, February 7 - 9: GHS Drama presents “12 Angry People,” a dramatic play about 12 jury members who deliberate to reach a verdict in a capital murder trial. Show times are on Friday at 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm, Saturday at 7:00 pm and Sunday at 2:00 pm. Tickets are only $3.
- Saturday, February 8: Medi-Cal Enrollment event, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. This event will be held in conjunction with the LA County Dept. of Public Social Services and is part of GHS PTSA’s “All in For Health” campaign. Please visit our Covered California & Medi-Cal information page.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Monday, Feb. 10: NO SCHOOL (Lincoln’s Birthday).
- Wednesday, Feb. 12: GHS Site Council meeting, 6:00 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, Feb. 13: GHS PTSA Parent-to-Parent Coffee regarding the “Covered California Program” 7:00 pm, Goodson Theatre.
- Friday, Feb. 14: Progress Reports to be sent home.
--GHS PTSA Board