We inadvertently failed to mention in last week’s message that GHS Students Isabella Lau, Ariel Tan, Isabella DeMarco and Caterina Marchionne, known as the “Rock n Roll Robotics Team,” also competed in the Los Angeles FIRST Tech Challenge Qualifying Tournament held at Venice High School and won several awards including the First Place Think Award. They have advanced to the LA Regional Championship to be held at Monrovia High School this Saturday. Congrats and Good Luck ladies!
Would you like to inspire our students by sharing your professional story? Gabrielino is launching “Gabrielino Connects” - where students and teachers interview professionals to learn about their journeys via classroom video calls. Last year, employees from Microsoft, a Wall Street Journal reporter, and a professional illustrator spoke to students and shared about their careers. We would like to expand this. Tell students what work you do and give them a virtual tour of your workplace. They'll love it! Go to www.gabrielinoconnect.com to see photos and videos and to find out more and sign up to be a volunteer.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Tuesday, Feb. 10: GHS Marching Band Shakey’s Fundraiser, 5:00 -8:00 pm, 866 E. Las Tunas Dr., San Gabriel. Please support the GHS band program and have some pizza tonight! See attached flyer for more information.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11: Late Start Day. 1st period begins at 9:40 am. All students must be on campus by 9:30 am.
- Wednesday, Feb. 11: GHS School Site Council Meeting, 6:00 pm, Principal’s Conference Room.
- Thursday, Feb. 12: GHS Girls Soccer v. Rosemead /Cancer Awareness Night. Come support the Lady Eagles as they battle Rosemead and help raise funds for Cancer Research. The JV team plays at 4:00 pm and the Varsity team plays at 6:00 pm. Hawaiian style barbeque, t-shirts, blankets and other items will be on sale. Please see flyer for more information.
- Thursday, Feb. 12: GHS ELAC Meeting, 6:00 pm.
- Friday, Feb. 13: GHS Progress Reports to be mailed home.
- Friday, Feb. 13: GHS Basketball v. Mountain View, 3:15 pm – 8:00 pm. Girls JV play at 3:15 pm, Girls Varsity at 4:45 pm and the Boys Varsity team at 6:30 pm.
Please keep these in mind for the next few weeks:
- Monday, Feb. 16: No School – Presidents Day holiday.
- Tuesday, Feb. 17: Special Needs Parent Meeting, 7:00 – 8:30 pm, Location TBD; RSVP at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, Feb.18: GHS Parent Seminar regarding “Teen Mental Health,” 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre.
- Monday, Feb.23: Teen Safe Driving Parent Workshop, 7:00 - 8:30pm in the Goodson Theatre. This workshop will give parents practical strategies and resources for helping their teen become a safe and competent driver. For more information, please visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/teen-driving.html).
- Saturday, March 7: GHS Speech and Debate Goodwill Fundraiser, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. It’s not too early to start your spring cleaning and help support the GHS Speech and Debate team. See attached flyer for details.
Thank you and enjoy the week!
--GHS PTSA Board