Monday, November 9, is the PTSA Parent-to-Parent Coffee at 7 pm in the Media Center. The theme for the event is “Navigating Life after High School.” Join the parents of the PTSA to discuss how families handle the transition to life after high school. The transition often begins with the discussion of where to apply for college. Parents who have gone through the process will share what they have learned, and tips for how to navigate through the changes. We will have parents of special needs students, parent of students from all kinds of colleges, and parent of alumni who have joined the military: They will all come together to give us their perspectives to how to navigate this transitional time for your kids and for yourselves. Totally informal and all are welcome!
It’s that time of year where it’s cold OUTSIDE the classroom, Eagles!
Wednesday, 11/11, is Veteran’s Day! Thank a Veteran! (No school, Eagles!)
Hallelujah! The Library will be open until 5 pm! It all starts on Thursday thanks to SEF. Say “Hello” to Ms. Jennie the new Librarian. SHHHH!
The Fall Play has arrived! … It’s kind of deep. Tragic, definitely. Profound, ohhh yes. “The Visit” has four performances; Friday @ 3:30 & 7, Saturday @ 7, Sunday @ 3. Tickets are $3 from a cast member, $4 at the door. DON’T MISS IT!
NEXT Wednesday, 11/18, is a Late Start Day.
Also, NEXT Wednesday, is the GHS School Site Council (SSC) Meeting at 6 pm in the Principal’s Conference Room.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Monday, November 9: GHS PTSA Parent-to-Parent Coffee "Navigating Life After High School", 7pm in the Media Center.
- Tuesday, November 10: Girls Volleyball CIF Playoffs! GO EAGLES! Details TBA.
- Wednesday, November 11: Veteran’s Day! No school!
- Thursday, November 12: English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) meeting @ 6 pm in the Principal’s Conference Room
- Friday, November 13: The Drama Club presents, The Visit @ 3:30 & 7 pm in the Goodson Theatre. DON’T MISS IT!
- Saturday, November 14: Cross Country CIF Divisional Prelims @ either Mt. SAC or Riverside XC Course – TBA
- Saturday, November 14: Speech & Debate is hosting the Fall Novice HERE from 7 am – 5 pm
- Saturday, November 14: The Drama Club presents, The Visit @ 7 pm in the Goodson Theatre. YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO BRING THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE!
- Sunday, November 15: The Drama Club presents, The Visit @ 3 pm in the Goodson Theatre. FINAL PERFORMANCE – DON’T MISS IT!
Here are some of the events that are happening next week:
- Wednesday, November 18: Late Start Day
- Wednesday, November 18: Gab School Site Council Meeting @ 6 pm in the Principal’s Conference Room.
- Saturday, November 21: Cross Country CIF Divisional Finals @ Mt. SAC. Details TBA.
- Saturday, November 21: La Cañada Fall Debate from 7 am – 6 pm @ La Cañada High School, 4463 Oak Grove Dr., La Cañada Flintridge, 91011
Thank you and remember to thank a Veteran!
-- GHS PTSA Board