It’s time to “fall back” again so if you haven’t already, set your clocks one hour back as Daylight Saving Time as ended.
Entries to the GHS PTSA 2014 Reflections Program are due Monday at noon in the Student Center. We can’t wait to see how you’ve interpreted the theme “The world would be a better place if ….” Please go to the Reflections page for more information.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. Specific GHS PTSA events are noted below in blue and please visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for additional news and information.
- Monday, Nov. 3: CSU college applications workshops for seniors continue every Monday through November. Sign up on your Blueprint account to attend the workshop.
- Tuesday, Nov. 4: The College and Career Center is also hosting a Common application workshop for seniors today.
- Tuesday, Nov. 4: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5: Girls Volleyball v. Rosemead, Varsity team plays at 3:15 pm, Large Gym; and the JV game follows.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5: GHS PTSA Board Meeting, 7 pm, Library.
- Thursday, Nov. 6: GHS Freshman Football v. El Monte, 3:15 pm.
- Thursday, Nov. 6: GHS Parent Seminar on “Cyber Safety: Dealing with Cyber Bullying in Social Media” 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre. We encourage all families to attend this important seminar.
- Friday, Nov. 7: GHS Varsity Football v. El Monte (Senior Night), 7:00 pm. Come out support our Eagles on this last game of the season.
- Saturday, Nov. 8: Congresswoman Judy Chu’s office is holding a Service Academy Day at 9:30 am at the Glendora Public Library. This event for high school students interested in attending on of the Military Service Academies, such as West Point or the Naval Academy. For more information, stop by the College and Career Center.
Keep these in mind for next week:
- Monday, Nov. 10: No School (Staff Development Day).
- Tuesday, Nov. 11: No School (Veteran’s Day holiday).
- Wednesday, Nov. 12: GHS School Site Council Meeting, 6:00 pm, Principal’s Conference Room.
- Thursday, Nov. 13: GHS ELAC Meeting, 6:00 pm.
- Friday to Sunday, Nov. 14 -16: GHS Fall Play “The Importance of Being Earnest,” Goodson Theatre.
Finally, some announcements and reminders:
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 4. Don’t forget to exercise your right to vote.
- SEF’s 5th Annual Phone-a-thon begins on November 3rd and will at GHS on Thursday, November 13th. Please answer the call for the San Gabriel Educational Foundation and thank you for supporting all SGUSD students.
Enjoy the week!
--GHS PTSA Board