GabTalks, a series of motivating and inspiring stories told by GHS students and staff, returns this week! Please come by the Goodson Theatre at lunch to hear their stories.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Monday, Jan. 12: GHS Basketball, 3:15 pm – 8:00 pm. Boys JV team v. El Monte play at 3:15 pm; Boys Freshman team v. South El Monte at 4:45 pm; and Girls Freshman team v. San Marino plays at 6:30 pm.
- Monday, Jan. 12: GHS Boys Soccer v. San Marino at 3: 15 pm. Varsity team plays in the Stadium; JV team plays in the North Field.
- Tuesday, Jan. 13: GHS Boys Soccer v. Mountain View at 3:15 pm, JV and Varsity teams play.
- Tuesday, Jan. 13: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Jan. 14: GHS Late Start Day. School begins at 9:40 am. Students must arrive on campus by 9:30 am.
- Wednesday, Jan. 14: GHS Basketball v. El Monte, 3:15 pm – 8:00 pm. Girls JV at 3:15, Girls Varsity at 4:45 pm and Boys Varsity at 6:30 pm.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15: GHS School Site Council Meeting, 6:00 pm, Principal’s Conference Room.
- Thursday, Jan. 15: GHS Parent Seminar on the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, 6:30 pm at the Goodson Theatre. Come and learn what the AP courses are all about!
- Friday, Jan. 16: GHS Boys Basketball v. Mountain View, 3:15 pm – 6:30 pm. Boys JV play at 3:15 pm and Boys Varsity at 4:45 pm.
- Saturday, Jan. 17: GHS Wresting, 9:00 am, Large Gym. Sixteen Varsity team individuals compete.
Keep these in mind for next week:
Monday, Jan. 19: No School – Martin Luther King Holiday.
Saturday, Jan. 24: GHS hosts "Cash for College" Workshop, 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. The Workshop proves free one-on-one assistance for families of GHS Seniors seeking financial aid for college. Please see attached flyer for details.
Saturday, Jan. 24: GHS PTSA hosts “Covered California and Medi-Cal Enrollment Event,” 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Open enrollment for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) ends on February 15, 2015. The GHS PTSA is committed to ensuring that all our students and their families have access to quality health care, because healthy children make better learners! We are partnering with Cover LA in hosting our third and final enrollment event for health insurance plans available under ACA, including Medi-Cal and MyHealth L.A. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Thank you and enjoy the week!
--GHS PTSA Board