There is a lot going on as we head into our third month of the school year and the full swing of the fall season. Can’t you feel the change in the air already?
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. Specific GHS PTSA events are noted below in blue and please check out the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for additional news and information.
- Monday, Oct. 6: All GHS students who want to be a Cabin Leader for the 5th Grade Science Camp must submit their completed paperwork and essay to a mandatory meeting today at 3:00 pm in Room B157. Sign up on your Blueprint account if you plan to attend.
- Monday, Oct. 6: The Interact Club’s topic this month is child protection. Every Monday, starting today, stop by Room E262 to donate new or gently used toys to the children.
- Monday, Oct. 6: ASB is selling Class Shirts all week for $10 at the ASB Room. Purchase a shirt and show off your Class spirit!
- Tuesday, Oct. 7: GHS Girls Golf v. Alhambra, at Alhambra golf course, 2:30 pm.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7: The San Gabriel Unified School District (SGUSD) invites all Latino parents and students to a SGUSD Latino Parent Meeting to be held tonight from 7:00 to 8:00 pm at the Media Center at Jefferson Middle School located at 1372 E. Las Tunas Dr., San Gabriel. The purpose of the meeting is to come together to address any questions, concerns or needs of our Latino students.
- Tuesday, Oct. 7: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Please stop by the Dog Haus with locations in Alhambra and Pasadena any Tuesday during the school year to support the GHS PTSA. See link to flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8: Shakey’s Fundraiser for the Gabrielino Eagles Marching Regiment, 5:00 to 9:00 pm at the Shakey’s in San Gabriel. Please support our wonderful Marching Band … plus you’ll experience good company and good pizza!
- Wednesday, Oct. 8: GHS PTSA Board Meeting, 7:00 pm, Library.
- Thursday, Oct. 9: All Sophomores and select other students will have their hearing and vision tested today. If you wear glasses, please make sure you bring them with you for the test.
- Thursday, Oct. 9: GHS JV Football v. Mountain View, 3:15 pm.
- Friday, Oct. 10: ASB will be selling snow cones at the stage during lunch. Wear your Class Shirt and receive a FREE snow cone!
- Friday, Oct. 10: Freshman Girls Volleyball v. Elizabeth LC, 4:30 pm, Small Gym.
- Saturday, Oct. 11: Goodwill Fundraiser for the GHS Speech & Debate Boosters, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It’s a great time for some fall cleaning so let’s help our Screamin’ Eagles fill the Goodwill truck! See attached flyer for more information.
Keep this in mind for next week:
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: PSAT Testing for students who registered for the exam. Testing to begin at 7:45 am and last approximately three hours; regular classes will follow. For all students who are NOT taking the PSAT exam, school begins at 11:15 a.m.
Some announcements and reminders:
All GHS students are invited to participate in the GHS PTSA 2014 Reflections Program. With the theme “The world would be a better place if …,” students can submit an original piece in any of the following six (6) areas: dance choreography; film production; literature; music composition; photography; and visual arts. Submission deadline is November 3rd in the Student Center. For more detailed information, please go to: http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/reflections.html.
The GHS College and Career Center is hosting College Application Workshops throughout October and November. Please sign up on your Blueprint account to attend.
Finally, have you made your annual contribution to the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) yet? Let’s help SEF reach their goal of 100% participation from all SGUSD schools by making your donation of any amount to SEF. To make your donation online visit, please visit SEF’s website at http://seffor8schools.org/.
For additional events and other news regarding GHS, please visit the school website at: http://www.gabrielino.sgusd.k12.ca.us/.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board