Don’t forget that the deadline for entries to the GHS PTSA 2014 Reflections Program is next Monday, November 3rd at noon in the Student Center. The theme again is “The world would be a better place if ….” and can be expressed in the following six (6) areas: dance choreography; film production; literature; music composition; photography; and visual arts. Please go to http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/reflections.html for more information.
Do you want to ensure that your teenager learns how to be a safe driver? Distracted and reckless driving is the #1 killer of teenagers in America. The GHS PTSA wants to reduce these preventable deaths by raising awareness and providing education about the very real danger of distracted driving and inexperienced decision making. Visit the GHS PTSA web page on Teen Driving at http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/teen-driving.html, and keep an eye-out for an upcoming Safe Teen Driver Workshop sponsored by the GHS PTSA.
Finally, it’s flu season and a list of Free Flu Clinics available now through the end of November is posted outside the Student Center and the Main Office.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. Specific GHS PTSA events are noted below in blue and please visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for additional news and information.
- Monday, Oct. 27: Girls Soccer Tryouts start today through Thursday from 2:30 to 4:30 pm on the grass field. All athletic sports packets must be turned in to Mrs. Sanchez and cleared ahead of time in order to try out.
- Monday, Oct. 27: Starting today, the Library will have new hours! The Library will be open until 7 pm, Monday through Thursday, and will be open until 5 pm on Fridays.
- Monday, Oct. 27: Today is the last day of Interact’s Toy Drive. Please donate toys to Room E262. There is also a circle meeting today during lunch.
- Tuesday, Oct. 28: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See link to flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29: The Four-Year College Fair will be held today in the Large Gym, during 3rd period, 4th period and lunch. Juniors and seniors may sign up to attend during 3rd or 4th period, and all students are welcome to attend during lunch.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29: Girls Volleyball v. Mountain View, Varsity team plays at 3:15 pm, Large Gym; and the JV game follows.
- Wednesday, Oct. 29: Fundraiser at Chipotle Mexican Grill for GHS Cross Country team, 4:00 to 8:00 pm, 3616 Rosemead Blvd., Rosemead. Come out and show your support.
- Thursday, Oct. 30: The College and Career Center will be hosting a UC application workshop today for Seniors. Please sign up on your Blueprint account to attend.
- Thursday, Oct. 30: GHS Freshman Football v. Mark Keppel, 3:15 pm.
- Thursday, Oct. 30: GHS Varsity Football v. Pasadena Poly, 7:00 pm. Note that game was moved from originally scheduled date of 10/31.
- Friday, Oct. 31: It’s Halloween and the Anime Club will be holding its annual Costume/Cosplay Contest. Sign up in Room B211 through Wednesday.
- Saturday, November 1: Girls Volleyball, Freshman Tournament.
Keep this in mind for next week:
- Tuesday, Nov. 4: Election Day (for local, state and federal positions and ballot measures).
- Wednesday, Nov. 5: GHS PTSA Board Meeting, 7 pm, Library.
- Thursday, Nov. 6: GHS Parent Seminar on “Internet Safety,” 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre.
For additional events and other news regarding GHS, please visit the school website at: http://www.gabrielino.sgusd.k12.ca.us/.
Have a great week and Happy Halloween!
--GHS PTSA Board