Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. Specific GHS PTSA events are noted below in blue and don’t forget to check out the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for additional news and information.
- Monday, Oct. 13: CSU College application workshops will be held every Monday through November. Please sign up on your Blueprint account if you plan to attend.
- Monday, Oct. 13: Interact has general meeting today at 12:10 pm in the Small Gym. The afterschool toy drive continues in Room E262 every Monday in October.
- Tuesday, Oct. 14: GSA meeting in Room B108 and League of Legends Club meeting in Small Gym, both during lunch. This is the last meeting to sign up to be a member of the League of Legends Club.
- Tuesday, Oct. 14: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: PSAT Testing for students who registered for the exam. All test takers must be on campus by no later than 7:45 am.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: Late start for all students who are NOT taking the PSAT exam. Please be on campus by 11:00 am. School ends at 2:55 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: The Health Occupational Students of America (HOSA) is extending its membership drive until today. Submit your applications by the end of lunch in Room B203.
- Wednesday, Oct. 15: Freshman Girls Volleyball v. Alhambra, 4:30 pm, Small Gym.
- Thursday, Oct. 16: Want WiFi? If you would like to access Student WiFi, please Mr. Chau in Room B105 by the end of lunch today.
- Thursday, Oct. 16: Mandatory meeting for Anime Club today in Room B211.
- Thursday, Oct. 16: GHS JV Football v. Rosemead, 3:15 pm.
- Thursday, Oct. 16: GHS ELAC meeting, 6:00 pm.
- Friday, Oct. 17: ASB will be hosting the first ASB-BBQ! Tickets are just $5 and you can buy them from any ASB member.
- Saturday, Oct. 18: Girls Volleyball, Gabrielino Varsity Tournament.
Keep this in mind for next week:
- Wednesday, Oct. 22: Late Start Day, school is in session from 9:40 am to 2:55 pm. All students must arrive on campus by 9:30 am.
- Wednesday, Oct. 22: GHS Parent Seminar, “What can counselors do for you?” 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre. Please don’t miss this opportunity to ask questions and receive answers from some of our GHS counselors.
Some announcements and reminders:
All GHS students are encouraged to participate in the GHS PTSA 2014 Reflections Program. With the theme “The world would be a better place if …,” students can submit an original piece in any of the following six (6) areas: dance choreography; film production; literature; music composition; photography; and visual arts. Submission deadline is November 3rd in the Student Center. Please go to http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/reflections.html for more information.
Finally, there is still time to join the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) Board of Directors in its Fall Friendraising event, "Feast from the East" on Saturday, October 18th at the home of Irfan and Lori Husein. You'll experience a relaxed evening of great food, music and wonderful company. For reservations and to purchase tickets, please contact the SEF office at (626) 451-5465.
For additional events and other news regarding GHS, please visit the school website at: http://www.gabrielino.sgusd.k12.ca.us/.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board