How about those Screamin’ Eagles? Number two in THE NATION and the Southern California Debate League Champions for the 20th YEAR IN A ROW! CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING AWESOME!
Summer school will be from June 5 through July 7! Plan ahead and think about taking an academic course during summer; your Fall semester will be a little more manageable. The course list will be coming out soon (see https://seffor8schools.org/events-2/ for SEF Summer Academy). Course fees will be due April 22!
Wednesday, 3/15, is a LATE START DAY! Classes start at 9:40. Be on campus by 9:30!
GHS PTSA 2017 New Year Pledge Drive! You may have already received our 2017 Pledge Drive Letter in the mail, and if you’ve already responded with your pledge, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
- 100% of your donation directly benefits Gabrielino High School students
- Your support helps fund our student scholarships and recognition
- Your donation is tax deductible (Tax ID# 95-4498540)
- Donations are eligible for company matching funds, because GHS PTSA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Please check with your employer.
- Donations of $25 or more will be recognized on the PTSA website and weekly emails
The 2017 Annual Golf Tournament is on Saturday, April 1 – Sign up by March 1 for $25 off the regular fee! This charity tournament benefitting the Gabrielino Athletic Boosters and the San Gabriel Special Needs Committee features awards, lunch and raffle following play at San Dimas Canyon Golf Course. Registration deadline is March 17. See more details on the attached registration form!
SCHOLARSHIP applications are due this Friday!
- Mary Winchell Service Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Marty Winchell Service Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- To apply for either one or both of these scholarships, use the attachment named, “Scholarship Application Form 1-9-17.docx”. Circle one or both to indicate which one(s) you’re applying for. Address your application to “GHS PTSA” and turn it in at the Student Center by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
- First District PTA Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Instructions.pdf”
- To apply for this scholarship, use the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Application, pdf”. Completed applications, including personal statement/essay, transcript, letter of recommendation, and a copy of the student’s current, signed PTSA membership card must be received in the First District office by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated new and information!
- Monday, March 13:
- Baseball v. Ganesha, at 3:30, JV HERE, Varsity away, 1151 Fairplex Dr, Pomona, 91768
- Boys Varsity Volleyball tossing Taft around, HERE, at 3:30, in the Large Gym
- Tuesday, March 14:
- ASVAB Testing! 7:30-11:30 in the Career Center
- Boys Golf v. Gladstone, 2:30, at Azusa Greens Golf Course, 919 W Sierra Madre Ave, Azusa, 91702
- Boys Varsity Volleyball v. Keppel, HERE, at 3:30
- Softball v. Alhambra, HERE, at 3:30
- Wednesday, March 15:
- LATE START DAY, as previously discussed. Classes start at 9:40, so be here COMFORTABLY by 9:30!
- Baseball v. South Pasadena, at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away, 1401 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, 91030
- School Site Council (SSC) at 6 PM in the Principal’s Conference Room
- Thursday, March 16:
- Boys Golf v. Temple City, at 2:30, at Eaton Canyon Golf Course, 1150 Sierra Madre Villa Ave, Pasadena, 91107
- Swim Team v. Alhambra, at 3:15, at Granada Park, 2000 W Hellman Ave, Alhambra, 91803
- Track & Field v. Marshall, HERE, at 3:15
- Varsity Boys Volleyball v. West Adams, HERE, at 3:30
- Friday, March 17: Softball v. San Gabriel, at 3:30, WIN!
- Saturday, March 18: Speech, National Qualifier IE @ San Marino High School, 2701 Huntington Dr, San Marino, 91108
- Tuesday, March 21:
- Boys Golf v. Azusa, at 2:30, at Alhambra Golf Course
- Softball v. San Gabriel Mission, at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Boys Volleyball v. Maranatha, HERE, at 3:30
- Wednesday, March 22: College Prep Transition and Health Information Evening, at 7 PM, in the Jefferson Middle School Gym
- Thursday, March 23:
- Boys Golf v. Duarte, at 2:30, at Alhambra Golf Course
- Swim Team v. Keppel, at 3:15, at Smith Park
- Track & Field v. El Monte, HERE, at 3:15
- Friday, March 24:
- Boys Volleyball @ Village Christian, details TBA, 8930 Village Ave, Sun Valley, 91352
- Baseball v. Rosemead at 3:15, Varsity away, JV HERE
- Softball v. Rosemead, HERE, at 3:15
- Unplugged Club Concert! 7 PM in the Goodson Theatre
- Saturday, March 25:
- Speech! National Qualifier Congress, HERE, prolly all day
- Track & Field @ Covina Qualifier Invitational, 463 S Hollenbeck Ave, Covina, 91723
- Swim Team @ Bell Gardens, at 3:15, 6119 Agra St, Bell Gardens, 90201
--- GHS PTSA Board