Dearest Eagles, you’re going to be busy from now until summer… get happy and GET READY!
First off, it’s GAB WEEK! Samantha Bosco is speaking at lunchtime on Tuesday – DON’T MISS IT!
HALLELUJAH, SPRING SPORTS HAVE BEGUN!!! And, we have a PTSA meeting on Wednesday (all are welcome!), and next week, there’s a Learning Disabilities Simulation (Tuesday), a Choir Concert (Wednesday) and the Sadie Hawkins Dance (Friday)!
Understanding Disabilities: A Learning Disabilities Simulation – The GHS PTSA and the San Gabriel Special Needs Committee invite you you to this Parent Seminar Workshop on Tuesday, 3/7, at 7-9 PM in the Media Center. Here’s your chance to Experience Dyslexia®, developed by the NCB IDA, plus 6 other learning stations. Please see the attached flier for more details! Simultaneous translations provided in Spanish and Mandarin.
Bring your unwanted treasures to the Speech/Goodwill Fundraiser at GHS on Saturday, 3/11, from 9 AM to Noon! The more you bring, the more funds will be raised for your nationally recognized GHS Speech and Debate Team! Please see the attachments for donation guidelines, i.e., details of what and what not to bring!
The 2017 Annual Golf Tournament is on Saturday, April 1 – Sign up by March 1 for $25 off the regular fee! This charity tournament benefitting the Gabrielino Athletic Boosters and the San Gabriel Special Needs Committee features awards, lunch and raffle following play at San Dimas Canyon Golf Course. Registration deadline is March 17. See more details on the attached registration form!
GHS PTSA 2017 New Year Pledge Drive! You may have already received our 2017 Pledge Drive Letter in the mail, and if you’ve already responded with your pledge, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
- 100% of your donation directly benefits Gabrielino High School students
- Your support helps fund our student scholarships and recognition
- Your donation is tax deductible (Tax ID# 95-4498540)
- Donations are eligible for company matching funds, because GHS PTSA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Please check with your employer.
- Donations of $25 or more will be recognized on the PTSA website and weekly emails
- Mary Winchell Service Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Marty Winchell Service Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- To apply for either one or both of these scholarships, use the attachment named, “Scholarship Application Form 1-9-17.docx”. Circle one or both to indicate which one(s) you’re applying for. Address your application to “GHS PTSA” and turn it in at the Student Center by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
- First District PTA Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Instructions.pdf”
- To apply for this scholarship, use the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Application, pdf”. Completed applications, including personal statement/essay, transcript, letter of recommendation, and a copy of the student’s current, signed PTSA membership card must be received in the First District office by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated new and information!
- IT’S GAB WEEK, BABY!
- Tuesday, February 28: Boys Golf v. Schurr, at 2:30, at Montebello Golf Course, 901 Via San Clemente, Montebello, 90640
- Wednesday, March 1: Can you hear those bats cracking? OH YEAHHHH!!
- JV Baseball @ Muir, at 3:15, 1905 Lincoln Ave, Pasadena, 91103
- Softball v. Montebello, HERE, at 3:30
- GHS PTSA Monthly Meeting at 7 PM in the Library/Media Center. All are welcome - ASB will be there, teachers will be there, the principal will be there… COME JOIN US!
- Thursday, March 2:
- SWIM v. South Pasadena, location TBA
- Boys Golf v. South Pasadena, at 2:30, at Alhambra Golf Course
- Track & Field v. Temple City (mock meet)(a meet nonetheless), HERE, at 3:15
- Varsity Boys Volleyball @ St. Genevieve, at 4:30, 13967 Roscoe Blvd, Panorama City, 91402
- Friday, March 3: Softball v. Azusa, at 3:30, Varsity HERE, JV away, 240 N Cerritos Ave, Azusa, 91702
- Saturday, March 4:
- Speech @ Cal State Long Beach, State Qualifier Tournament (Debate/IE/CONG), 1250 Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, 90840
- JV Baseball @ Ocean View, 17071 Gothard St, Huntington Beach, 92647
- The Gabrielino Girls Soccer team will be moving on to the semi-finals CIF Division 5 playoffs against Crean Lutheran High School in Irvine. Game time is still TBD (either 3:00 or 5:00) address: 12500 Sand Canyon Ave, Irvine, CA 92618 (NOT SURE ABOUT THE DATE!!!)
- Monday, March 6:
- Varsity Baseball v. Bassett, HERE, at 3:30
- Boys Volleyball v. Bosco Tech, HERE, at 3:30
- Tuesday, March 7:
- Boys Golf v. Temple City, at 2:30, at Alhambra Golf Course
- Swim v. Temple City, at 3:15, at Smith Park
- Softball v. Pasadena, at 3:30, Varsity away, JV HERE
- Boys Volleyball v. Salesian, HERE, at 5 PM
- GHS PTSA Parent-to-Parent Coffee: Understanding Disabilities, at 7 PM in the Library/Media Center
- Wednesday, March 8:
- JV Baseball v. Keppel, HERE, at 3:15
- Boys Volleyball v. Alhambra, HERE, Varsity at 3:15, JV at 4:45
- CHOIR CONCERT! 7 PM in the Goodson Theatre
- Thursday, March 9:
- Boys Golf v. Schurr, at 2:30, at Montebello Golf Course
- Swim v. San Gabriel, at 3:15, at Rosemead Park, 4343 Encinita Ave, Rosemead, 91770
- Track & Field @ South El Monte, at 3:15
- Varsity Boys Volleyball v. San Gabriel Academy, HERE, at 3:30
- Friday, March 10:
- Varsity Swim @ Mt. SAC, at 12 noon, 1100 N Grand Ave, Walnut, 91789
- Varsity Baseball v. San Gabriel, HERE, at 3:15
- Softball v. Schurr, HERE, at 3:15
- SADIE HAWKINS DANCE! 7-11 PM in the Large Gym
- Saturday, March 11:
- Speech @ Schurr (Saturday & Sunday), State Qualifier Tournament (PF/PARL/CONG), 820 N Wilcox Ave, Montebello, 90640
- Track & Field, it’s the Rosemead Invitational! Times TBA
- JV Swim @ Mt. SAC, 6:45 AM, 1100 N Grand Ave, Walnut, 91789
--- GHS PTSA Board