Happy Birthday, Abraham! So, Eagles, don’t come to school today! As for tomorrow, won’t you be my Valentine?
The San Gabriel Special Needs Committee Monthly Meeting is this Wednesday, 2/15, from 6:30-8 PM at the home of Nancy Tsai, 818 Hermosa Dr., San Gabriel, 91775. Child care is always provided! Please see the the Monthly Meeting attachment for more details!
The 2017 Annual Golf Tournament is on Saturday, April 1 – Sign up by March 1 for $25 off the regular fee! This charity tournament benefitting the Gabrielino Athletic Boosters and the San Gabriel Special Needs Committee features awards, lunch and raffle following play at San Dimas Canyon Golf Course. Registration deadline is March 17. See more details on the attached registration form!
A Learning Disabilities Simulation – The GHS PTSA and the San Gabriel Special Needs Committee invite you you to this Parent Seminar Workshop on Tuesday, 3/7, at 7-9 PM in the Media Center. Here’s your chance to Experience Dyslexia®, developed by the NCB IDA, plus 6 other learning stations. Please see the attached flier for more details! Simultaneous translations provided in Spanish and Mandarin.
Is anyone else “minimalizing”? Bring your unwanted treasures to the Speech/Goodwill Fundraiser at GHS on Saturday, 3/11, from 9 AM to Noon! The more you bring, the more funds will be raised for your nationally recognized GHS Speech and Debate Team! Please see the attachments for donation guidelines, i.e., details of what and what not to bring!
GHS PTSA 2017 New Year Pledge Drive! You may have already received our 2017 Pledge Drive Letter in the mail, and if you’ve already responded with your pledge, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
- 100% of your donation directly benefits Gabrielino High School students
- Your support helps fund our student scholarships and recognition
- Your donation is tax deductible (Tax ID# 95-4498540)
- Donations are eligible for company matching funds, because GHS PTSA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Please check with your employer.
- Donations of $25 or more will be recognized on the PTSA website and weekly emails
- Mary Winchell Service Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Marty Winchell Service Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “Gabrielino PTSA Eagle Pride Scholarship Letter 2017.doc”
- To apply for either one or both of these scholarships, use the attachment named, “Scholarship Application Form 1-9-17.docx”. Circle one or both to indicate which one(s) you’re applying for. Address your application to “GHS PTSA” and turn it in at the Student Center by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
- First District PTA Scholarship – For a description of this scholarship, see the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Instructions.pdf”
- To apply for this scholarship, use the attachment named, “First District PTA 2017 Scholarship Application, pdf”. Completed applications, including personal statement/essay, transcript, letter of recommendation, and a copy of the student’s current, signed PTSA membership card must be received in the First District office by 3 PM on March 17, 2017.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated new and information!
- Monday, February 13: Lincoln’s Birthday = NO SCHOOL, as previously discussed.
- Tuesday, February 14: Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Wednesday, February 15:
- School Site Council at 6 PM in the Principal’s Conference Room
- Special Needs Committee Monthly Meeting, 6:30-8 PM, at the home of Nancy Tsai (see above and attachment), child care is provided!
- Thursday, February 16: ELD Information Night / ELAC Meeting, 6 PM
- Monday, February 20: President’s Day! NO SCHOOL, AGAIN!
- Wednesday, February 22: LATE START DAY! Come early for Late Start Day!
- Thursday, February 23: Spring Sports Parent Meeting at 6 PM. We’ll start off in the Goodson Theatre, then split up by sport.
- Saturday, February 25: Speech Events!
- National Qualifier Tournament LD (Lincoln Douglas Debate)/POL (Policy Debate)/PF (Public Forum), 7 AM – 5 PM at Damien High School, 2280 Damien Ave, La Verne, 91750
- Spring Novice Tournament, 7 AM – 5 PM at Garfield High School, 5101 E 6th St, East Los Angeles, 90022
--- GHS PTSA Board