We hope enjoyed the weekend rain. Congrats to the Speech and Debate Team for winning their 17th consecutive Southern California Debate League Championship this past weekend. 32 GHS students have qualified for the State Championships next month. Way to go Screamin’ Eagles!
Also, Congrats to the GHS Girls Soccer team who are on their way to the CIF semi-finals for the 2nd year in a row! The Lady Eagles play Santa Clarita Christian this Tuesday (time TBA). Let’s wish them all the best!
Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Tuesday, March 4: GHS Boys Volleyball vs. Bosco Tech here on campus, Large Gym. Varsity plays at 3:15 pm, JV at 4:45 pm.
- Tuesday, March 4: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): If you haven’t already, come try some delicious hot dogs at the Dog Haus on 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, March 5: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, March 5: GHS Varsity Baseball play on campus at 3:15 pm.
- Wednesday, March 5: GHS PTSA Board meeting, 7:00 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, March 6: GHS Boys Volleyball vs. Mark Keppel here on campus, Large Gym. Varsity plays at 3:15 pm, JV at 4:45 pm.
- Thursday, March 6: GHS Track & Field vs. Azusa, starts at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, March 7: Food Faire sponsored by the GHS clubs to be held on campus.
- Friday, March 7: GHS Varsity Baseball v. Mark Keppel here on campus at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, March 7: GHS Boys Volleyball, Alumni Games, Large Gym, starting at 5 pm.
- Friday, March 7: GHS Choir, Karaoke Night, Small Gym.
- Saturday, March 8: Goodwill Fundraiser for GHS Speech & Debate Boosters, 8 am to 2 pm. Let’s help our amazing Speech & Debate Team fill up the Goodwill truck by donating used or unwanted items! So clean up your closets and garages and support this great cause. Please see attached flier for more information.
- Wednesday, March 12: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Sadie Hawkins tickets are on sale in the ASB room during lunch, until March 12th. Tickets are $12 per person with ASB card (two dollars more without ASB card). Please see special dance fliers posted around campus for details.
- Finally, don’t forget that “SEFapalooza 2014” is just a few weeks away! This annual celebration by the San Gabriel Educational Foundation (SEF) will be held on Saturday, March 22, 2014 at the San Gabriel County Club and will help to raise funds that directly benefit all SGUSD students. For more information, tickets, advertising or sponsorships, visit SEFfor8schools.org. Can’t attend the event? Please consider becoming an Event Sponsor or making a cash donation. Any questions, please contact SEF at (626) 451-5465. Because investing in our San Gabriel kids is one of the best investments we can make.
--GHS PTSA Board