Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, January 6: No School (Grading Day).
- Monday, January 6: Girls Basketball play at home vs. Sunny Hills, Large Gym (Freshmen team plays at 3:30 pm, JV at 5 pm and Varsity at 6:30 pm).
- Tuesday, January 7: Classes Resume (Regular class schedule).
- Tuesday, January 7: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): We continue our fundraising at the Dog Haus located at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. So stop by and mention that you’re with GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, January 8: GHS PTSA Board meeting, 7 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, January 9: Girls Soccer play at home v. San Marino, game starts at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, January 10: 1st Semester Report Cards to be sent home.
- Friday, January 10: Girls Basketball play at home vs. San Gabriel, Large Gym (Freshmen team plays at 3:30 pm, JV at 5 pm and Varsity at 6:30 pm).
- Wednesday, Jan. 15: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15: GHS School Site Council meeting, 7 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, Jan. 16: Parent Seminar, “PSAT Interpretation and Financial Aid Night,” 6:30 pm, Goodson Theatre.
- The GHS PTSA continues with its Direct Appeal. If you haven’t done so already, we hope that you will consider making a donation to support the educational experience of all GHS students. Our goal this school year is to raise $5000. Please see the attached letter/form for more information. The form can be dropped off at the school office, or you can donate directly using your credit card or Paypal account via the GHS PTSA website at: www.gabrielinoptsa.org. Your donation is 100% tax deductible.
- The Asian Youth Center (AYC) located at 100 W. Clary Avenue, San Gabriel, offers free services for high school students such as: Homework help and Tutoring, Community Service Events, Job Preparation and College Application Assistance, Leadership and Group Workshops. Please read flyer for dates and times these programs are available. AYC also holds activities each Friday evening for youth ages 13-19. Click here to download information flyer.
--GHS PTSA Board