Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Monday, January 27: This evening at 7 pm at the Goodson Theatre, the GHS PTSA hosts an informative discussion regarding the “Medi-Cal Expansion Program under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).” The Medi-Cal Program has expanded its coverage to people under the age of 65, including people with disabilities and those with low incomes. Staff from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services will outline the expansion of Medi-Cal, who is eligible and how to apply. Please join us for this important event; Spanish and Chinese translation will also be available. In addition, there will be a very brief Association meeting of the GHS PTSA just prior to the Medi-Cal Expansion discussion. Finally, tonight’s Medi-Cal information night is the first in a series of events that are part of the GHS PTSA’s “All in For Health Campaign.” Please see the flyers at the link above for more information about tonight's event as well as others scheduled to take place in the next few weeks.
- Tuesday, January 28: Boys Soccer play at home v. South El Monte, starts at 3:15 pm.
- Tuesday, January 28: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Stop by the Dog Haus at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra for a great meal. Mention GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, January 29: Boys Basketball play at home v. South El Monte, Large Gym (JV team plays at 3:15 pm, Freshmen at 4:45 pm). The Boys Varsity team and the Girls basketball teams will be playing at South El Monte.
- Thursday, January 30: Girls Soccer play at home v. Rosemead, starts at 3:15 pm.
- Thursday, January 30: The Wrestling play at home v. Arroyo, starts at 3:15 pm (Small Gym).
- Friday, January 31: NO SCHOOL for GHS students (Teacher Professional Development Day).
- Saturday, February 1: “Cash for College Day” is finally here for all GHS Seniors and their Families! GHS will hold three workshops providing free one-on-one financial aid assistance for families completing the FAFSA or California Dream act applications. It’s important that you register through your Blueprint account to reserve your spot. See attached flyer and stop by the College and Career Center if you have any questions.
- Other important news for GHS Seniors – the California State PTA offers scholarships ($500) for graduating high school seniors to pursue studies in higher education. The online application is available at http://www.capta.org/sections/basics/viewpage.cfm?p=2353. In order to apply, you will need to enter the Gabrielino PTSA Unit ID number (5047) and the District PTA number (1). Application deadline: February 3, 2014. This scholarship is separate from the scholarships offered by the GHS PTSA. And remember to apply for the GHS PTSA scholarship as well!
Finally, keep this in mind for next week:
- Wednesday, Feb. 5: Late Start Day. All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
--GHS PTSA Board