Here are some of the events that are happening this week:
- Tuesday, January 21: Girls Soccer play at home v. Rosemead, games start at 3:15 pm.
- Tuesday, January 21: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Drop by at the Dog Haus at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra. Mention that you’re with GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, January 22: 4th Annual SGUSD Students/Ovarian Cancer Night. We hope you will join us as the GHS Basketball program hosts its 4th Annual “Ovarian Cancer Night” to raise money for the USC Comprehensive Cancer Fund. Admission is free to all SGUSD students to watch both the Boys and Girls Basketball teams go against Mountain View. Games start at 4:30 pm. All proceeds from the snack bar, 50/50 raffle and t-shirts will be donated to this importance cause. Donations can be made at the game and can be made via cash or check. Please wear a black shirt to “Black Out” Ovarian Cancer.
- Thursday, January 23: Boys Soccer play at home v. El Monte, games start at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, January 24: Boys Basketball play at home v. El Monte, Large Gym (JV team plays at 3:15 pm, Freshmen at 4:45 pm). The Boys Varsity team and the Girls basketball teams will be playing at El Monte.
- Monday, Jan. 27: The GHS PTSA will present an informative discussion about the “Medi-Cal Expansion Program under the Affordable Care Act” at the Goodson Theatre, beginning at 7 pm. We are committed to ensuring that all students and their families have quality health care, because healthy children make better learners. Please join us for this important event and see attached flyers (in English, Spanish and Chinese) for more information.
- Friday, Jan. 31: No school for GHS students (Teacher Professional Day).
- Saturday, Feb. 1: 4th Calling all GHS Seniors and their families – come to “Cash for College Day”! GHS will hold three workshops providing free one-on-one financial aid assistance for families completing the FAFSA or California Dream act applications. Register through your Blueprint account to reserve your spot. See attached flyer and stop by the College and Career Center if you have any questions.
Thanks and have a fantastic week!
--GHS PTSA Board