- Monday, Nov. 11: No school (Veteran’s Day Holiday).
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: California State University Application Workshops are being held on Tuesdays and Fridays in November during 2nd, 3rd and 4th periods, at the College and Career Center. Sign up on your Blueprint account to attend workshops or any upcoming college visits.
- Tuesday, Nov. 12: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Why not try the great hot dogs at the Dog Haus located at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra? Just mention that you’re with GHS and a portion of the sale will support the school.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Late Start Day.
All students need to arrive to school by 9:30 am, and classes begin at 9:40 am.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: Yogurtland Fundraiser to support our awesome GHS Band.
Fundraiser goes from 11 am to 8 pm, flier is required for fundraiser: Flyers are available from the band members or pick one up at the Band room.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13: GHS Site Council meeting, 7 pm, Principal’s conference room.
- Thursday, Nov. 14: SEF Phone-a-thon, 6:00-8:30 pm, SGUSD office.
- Friday – Sunday, November 15-17: Performance of Drama’s Fall play “Fools” at Goodson Theatre. Tickets are now on sale from any cast member or in the Drama Room (E170). Show times are Friday at 3 pm and 7 pm; Saturday at 7 pm; and Sunday at 2 pm. Don’t miss this comic tale -- the funniest show GHS has ever done!
Keep these in mind for next week:
- November 20: Winter Sports Parent Athletic Meeting, 6 pm, GHS Media Center.
- November 21: GHS Athletic Booster Meeting, 7 pm, Principal’s conference room
- November 22: Report Cards to be sent home.
And finally, wondering about the status of State standardized testing? The following article made available from the California State PTA (CAPTA) provides some good information: http://edsource.org/today/2013/whats-next-for-standardized-testing-in-california/40454#.UnqZReJf9Sr.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board