Hey PTSA members and families,
Thanks again for your support so far this year—just want to inform you about an upcoming PTSA event. We are hosting another Parent-to-Parent Coffee on the evening of November 9th. We will have parents of special needs students, parents of students from all kinds of colleges, and parents of alumni who have joined the military: They will all come together to give us their perspectives on how to navigate this transitional time for your kids and for yourselves. Totally informal and all are welcome!
Also, in light of the recent tragic accident where a Jefferson student was seriously injured, I would like to remind the Gabrielino family to take extra care to drive safely and keep an eye out for students.
Thank you and remember to visit our website at http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/ to learn more about our school and what the PTA does for all students, teachers and families.
2015-2016 PTSA President
Wednesday, 10/28, is a Late Start Day, classes begin at 9:40 am. All students must arrive on campus by 9:30 am.
Friday, 10/30, is a Staff Development Day. NO SCHOOL FOR EAGLES!
Sunday, 11/1, is the bitter end of Daylight Saving Time. Remember to move your clocks back one hour.
NEXT Wednesday, 11/4, is the Gab PTSA Meeting at 7 pm in the Media Center/Library. All are welcome!
NEXT Thursday, 11/5, is the Parent Seminar Workshop: Have a question? Ask a counselor! 7 pm in the Goodson Theater!
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Wednesday, October 28: Late Start Day, classes begin at 9:40 am. All students must arrive on campus by 9:30 am.
- Wednesday, October 28:Girls Volleyball Varsity & JV v. El Monte, HERE, Varsity at 3:15, JV follows
- Wednesday, October 28: Girls Volleyball Frosh v. Campbell Hall, HERE, at 4:30 pm
- Thursday, October 29: Football JV v. Arroyo, HERE at 3:15 pm
- Thursday, October 29: Football Frosh @ Arroyo at 3:15 pm
- Friday, October 30: STAFF DEVELOPMENT DAY!!! NO SCHOOL, EAGLES!
- Friday, October 30: Girls Volleyball Varsity & JV @ Mountain View, Varsity at 3:15, JV follows
- Friday, October 30: Girls Volleyball Frosh @ San Gabriel Mission at 4:30 pm
- Friday, October 30: Football Varsity @ Arroyo at 7 pm
- Saturday, October 31: Girls Volleyball, HERE, starting at 8 am – it’s our Gabrielino Frosh Tournament!
Here are some of the events that are happening next week:
- Wednesday, November 4: Cross Country MVL Finals @ Bonelli Park. Gabrielino is the meet manager. 120 Vía Verde, San Dimas, 91773. Other details TBA.
- Wednesday, November 4: PTSA Meeting at 7 pm. Come join us in the Media Center (the Libe)
- Thursday, November 5: Football JV @ South El Monte 3:15 pm
- Thursday, November 5: Football Frosh v. South El Monte, HERE, at 3:15 pm
- Thursday, November 5: Parent Seminar Workshop: Have a question? Ask a counselor! 7 pm in the Goodson Theater
- Friday, November 6: The last game of the season! :’0( Football Varsity v. South El Monte, HERE, at 7 pm
- The following Monday, November 9: PTSA Parent-to-Parent Coffee at 7 pm in the Media Center, “Navigating Life After High School”. Join the parents of the PTSA to discuss how families handle the transition after high school. The transition often begins with the discussion of where to apply for college. Parents who have gone through the process will share what they have learned, and tips for how to navigate through the changes.
Thank you, and remember to brush your teeth after eating all that candy!
-- GHS PTSA Board