- Tuesday, Oct. 1: Dog Haus Fundraiser (every Tuesday): Stop by the Dog Haus located at 410 E. Main St., Alhambra and mention that you’re with Gabrielino High School. Part of the sale will support the GHS PTSA.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2: 2nd GHS Parent Seminar, 6:45 pm, Goodson Theatre. Tonight’s Topic: College Info Night & Financial Aid.
- Friday, Oct. 4: Last day to register for 2013 PSAT. Students may register before school, after school and during lunch at the Student Center. Bring $20 fee and photo ID to register. Test will be administered on Wednesday, October 16, 2013. Please contact your GHS counselor if you have questions.
- Saturday, Oct. 5: Goodwill Fundraiser for GHS Speech & Debate Boosters, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Let’s help the Screamin’ Eagles fill up the Goodwill truck by donating used or unwanted items! Please see attached fliers for more information, including donation guidelines.
Keep in mind for next week: October 9–GHS PTSA Board meeting, 7-8 p.m.
And finally, need some help with your classes? The following are the Most Commonly Used Tutoring Services used by GHS Students:
- Free Peer Tutoring through the National Honors Society. Students are paired with a student tutor either at lunch or after school once a week. You can obtain a tutoring request form from Counselor Diane Bustamante whose office is located in the Student Support Center. Her phone number is 626-573-2453 ext. 2312.
- Paid Peer Tutoring. The cost for paid peer tutoring is $10 per hour. Students are paired with a student tutor who works with each student individually either on campus or at home. Simply complete a "GHS Paid Tutor Referral Form" and submit it to Counselor Jacqueline Borja whose office is located at the Student Support Center. Her phone number is 626-573-2453 ext. 2313.
- Revolution Prep’s GPA Protection Plan-Unlimited. The Plan, costing $99 per month, includes unlimited 30-minute online one-on-one tutoring sessions with expert tutors in every academic subject they need. Sessions are scheduled on demand and are focused on the student’s homework problems. The first month is offered for $29, with no obligation to continue. Contact Revolution Prep at 877-738-7737 or visit www.revolutionprep.com/gpa-protection.
- Los Angeles County Library Live Homework Help. Student must have a Los Angeles County Library Card and access to the internet. Visit http://www.colapublib.org/children/tutor/.
Have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board