Well we’re here at the last week of school. The major events taking place this week are Finals for 9th, 10th and 11 graders and Graduation for our GHS Class of 2015.
Finals take place Tuesday (for Periods 1 and 4), Wednesday (for Periods 2 and 5) and Thursday (for Periods 3 and 6). The schedule each day is: 1st final from 8:00 am to 10:00 am, passing period/break from 10:00 am to 10:15 am, and 2nd final from 10:15 am to 12:15 pm. Attendance will be taken each period.
Also, parents interested in purchasing additional Graduation tickets may come to the Main office on Tuesday, June 2nd between 9am-10am and 1pm-3pm. Tickets are $10, cash only, and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last.
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Monday, June 1: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for GHS Seniors, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm, Large Gym.
- Tuesday, June 2: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for GHS Seniors, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, Santa Anita Racetrack.
- Tuesday, June 2: Finals (Periods 1 and 4), 8:00 am to 12:15 pm. Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm.
- Tuesday, June 2: GHS Senior Picnic, San Gabriel Grapevine, 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Tuesday, June 2: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (last one for the year): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, June 3: Finals (Periods 2 and 5), 8:00 am to 12:15 pm. Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm.
- Wednesday, June 3: GHS Graduation for the Class of 2015, Santa Anita Racetrack, 6:00 pm. Admission by ticket only.
- Thursday, June 4: Finals (Periods 3 and 6), 8:00 am to 12:15 pm. Early Dismissal at 12:15 pm. Last Day of School.
Please keep these in mind for the summer:
- Monday, June 8 to Friday, July 10: SEF Summer Academy.
- Wednesday, June 10: GHS Semester Report cards to be sent home.
- Friday, June 12 to Monday, June 21: GHS Speech & Debate team to participate in the National Championships in Dallas, Texas.
- Saturday, July 11: The FTC Robotics Team 8564 Lockdown (GHS students Aaron Lee, Hugo So, Leon Tran, Lloyd Kwan) will be conducting an "Introduction to Autodesk 123D & 3D Printing" class in the multi-purpose room at the San Gabriel Public Library at 1:00 pm.
- Monday, August 17: First Day of School for 2015-2016 school year.
Finally, Congratulations and Best Wishes to our Graduating Seniors. We know that you leave Gabrielino with a huge sense of pride and accomplishment. We will miss you but know that you are Eagles forever!
Thank you and enjoy the week.
-- GHS PTSA Board