First, we want to congratulate the three Track & Field athletes who competed in Saturday’s CIF Division Finals. For the first time in GHS history, multiple athletes competed in the Finals and all medaled! Establishing an enormous impact to the GHS Track & Field program, we are pleased to congratulate:
- Gary Hawkins Jr. who earned 3rd place in the 110m Hurdles with 14.51 and placed 11th overall out of all four divisions.
- Gavin Hong who earned 4th place in the High Jump with 6'1" and becomes GHS's 1st ever field event athlete to medal at CIF Finals.
- And Helen Tade who earned 5th place in the 100m Hurdles with 15.16. This is her 2nd fastest time of her career and becomes GHS’s first ever female medalist at CIF Finals.
The GHS Speech and Debate continues to make the news … quite literally. Here is a great article from last week’s Pasadena Independent about our wonderful GHS Sreamin’ Eagles: http://www.pasadenaindependent.com/school-and-education/gabrielinos-screamin-eagles-speech-team-advances-to-nationals/.
Finally, GHS Yearbooks are here! Come to the ASB room after school on Wednesday May 27 to pick up the award winning yearbook! Thank you Ash-a-Wut staff for a job well done!
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Tuesday, May 26: GHS Talent Show, Goodson Theatre, 6:00 pm.
- Tuesday, May 26: Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Thursday, May 28: GHS Senior Awards Banquet, 7:00 pm, Large Gym. The GHS PTSA will be providing refreshments for the Banquet.
- Friday, May 29: GHS Senior Checkout Day; last day of school for GHS Seniors.
- Friday, May 29: GHS Cap and Gown Distribution, 2:30 to 4:00 pm, outside of the Career Center.
- Saturday, May 30: Grad Night, Disneyland.
Please keep these in mind for next week (our final week of school):
- Monday, June 1: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for GHS Seniors, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm, Large Gym.
- Tuesday, June 2: Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for GHS Seniors, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Santa Anita Racetrack
- Tuesday to Thursday, June 2 to 4: GHS Finals for GHS 9th to 11th Graders, 8:00 am to 12:15 pm.
- Tuesday, June 2: GHS Senior Picnic, San Gabriel Grapevine, 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Wednesday, June 3: GHS Graduation for the Class of 2015, Santa Anita Racetrack, 6:00 pm. Admission by ticket only.
- Thursday, June 4: Last Day of School.
The San Gabriel Unified School District (SGUSD) is conducting an anonymous and voluntary parent survey on bullying at school this year. The results of this survey will help SGUDS address bullying issues; educate students, staff and parents; and promote an environment of safety, respect and belonging for all students.
The survey will be available online from May 26 – June 4 at the links listed below. A paper copy of this survey is available in all school offices and at the district office if you would prefer not to take the survey online.
Thank you and have a fantastic week!
--GHS PTSA Board