By now, you have all received the GHS PTSA “direct appeal” letter, and have hopefully and carefully considered your contribution for this year. Thank you VERY much! We’ll be taking a few minutes during the GHS Open House next Thursday (3/24) to hold our Association Meeting and will announce our 2016-2017 PTSA Board Members! We hope to see you there!
8th Grade Course Registration Night is Tuesday, 3/22, at 7 pm in the Goodson Theatre for all incoming students, i.e., the Freshmen Class of 2016-207! Please spread the word!
OPEN HOUSE IS THURSDAY, 3/24, beginning at 5:30 pm in the Goodson Theatre!
MINIMUM DAY is Friday, 3/25! Get out at 11:25, then advance to Spring Break, 3/28-4/1!
AP Exams are on sale now through March 25! Each exam is $92, cash or checks only (exact change is appreciated)! If you have any questions and are on free/reduced lunch, please see/contact Mr. Arteaga in the Student Center.
The Athletics Boosters & SG Special Needs Committee 2016 Charity Golf Tournament is on April 23, Saturday, at San Dimas Golf Course! Registration at 6 am. Shot-gun start at 7 am. $150 per player includes 18 holes of golf, cart, lunch, awards, and prizes! To register for this event, fill out the form link on the PTSA website. Registration deadline is March 26. http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org
High School Poetry Slam (!) is on April 23 and performers are needed! If you’re interested in performing, please submit your poem to HSPOETRYSLAM2@gmail.com by April 18!
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for regularly updated news and information!
- Monday, March 21:
- Baseball v. Rosemead at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away (no Frosh game)
- Softball v. Rosemead at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Tuesday, March 22:
- Boys Golf @ San Dimas at 2:30, Via Verde Golf Course
- Boys Volleyball @ Rio Hondo Prep, Varsity @ 3:15, JV at 4:45, 5150 Farna Ave., Arcadia, 91006
- 8th Grade Parent Info Night at 7 pm
- Wednesday, March 23:
- Baseball v. Marshall at 3:15, Varsity away, JV HERE (no Frosh game)
- Softball v. Marshall at 3:15, Varsity HERE, JV away
- Swim Meet @ Schurr at 3:15
- Thursday, March 24:
- Boys Golf v. San Dimas at 2:30 at Alhambra Golf Course
- Track & Field v. Mountain View HERE at 3:15
- Boys Volleyball v. South Pasadena HERE in the Large Gym, Varsity at 3:30, JV at 4:45
- OPEN HOUSE SPECTACULAR! Program begins at 6 in the Goodson Theatre and will include the PTSA meeting!
- Friday, March 25: MINIMUNIMUNIMUM DAY! School’s out at 11:25!
- Saturday, March 26: Track & Field – The Qualifier Invitational @ Covina District Stadium, details TBA!
- SPRING BREAK, MARCH 28 TO APRIL 1!
When you come back, here are some of the events that are happening that week:
- Tuesday, April 5:
- Boys Golf v. Azusa at Alhambra Golf Course
- Wednesday, April 6:
- Baseball v. Arroyo at 3:15, Varsity away, JV and Frosh HOME
- Softball v. Arroyo at 3:15, Varsity away, JV HERE
- PTSA Monthly Meeting at 7 pm in the Library
- Thursday, April 7:
- Boys Golf v. Azusa at 2:30 at Azusa Greens Golf Course, 919 W. Sierra Madre Ave., Azusa, 91702
- Swim Meet v. Bell Gardens at 3:15 HERE/Smith Park
- Friday, April 8:
- Track und Field at 3, Arcadia Invitational Day 1, details TBA
- Track und Field @ South Pasadena at 3, 1401 Fremont Ave., South Pasadena, 91030
- Baseball v. South El Monte at 3:15, Varsity HOME, JV & Frosh away
- Softball v. South El Monte at 3:15, Varsity HOME, JV away
- Saturday, April 9:
- Track & Field, Arcadia Invitational Day 2, details TBA
- Choir @ Angel Stadium?! WAY TO GO GABRIELINO CHOIR! 1 pm – 11 pm (rehearsal before 7:05 game!)
-- GHS PTSA Board