This is the last week to pay for AP Exams. Each exam is $91, and only cash or check is accepted. Tests will be sold before school, during lunch and after school until 3:15 pm at the Student Center. Please see Mr. Arteaga in the Student Center if you have questions.
Sadie Hawkins Pictures are in! Please see Ms. Sanchez at the Student Center to get yours.
In addition, for all GHS Seniors, panoramic pictures are on sale now. The first 100 orders get $5 off. Seniors must also turn in their signed Senior Contracts at the Student Center by this Wednesday.
Last week, GHS parent and GHS PTSA Executive Vice-President Russ Martin was honored by the San Gabriel Educational Foundation as one of this year’s “Jewels of the Districts” and this Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm, the GHS PTSA is being honored by the Governing Board of the San Gabriel Unified School District (SGUSD) for its overall contribution and the establishment of the Special Needs Committee. See link to the SGUSD Board meeting agenda for more information: http://sgusd.csbaagendaonline.net/cgi-bin/WebObjects/sgusd-eAgenda.woa/wa/showMeeting.
This Thursday is the GHS Open House & Art Expo. General Session begins at 5:30 pm at the Goodson Theatre. In addition, there will be a brief GHS PTSA Association Meeting at 7:00 pm in which the election of the 2015-2016 GHS PTSA Executive Board will take place.
Finally, this Friday is a Minimum Day. All students will be released at 11:25 am. And don’t forget that next week is Spring Break!
Listed below are some of the events happening this week at GHS. GHS PTSA events are listed in blue. Please also visit the GHS PTSA website (http://www.gabrielinoptsa.org/) for the regularly updated news and information!
- Tuesday, March 24: GHS Boys Golf v. Gladstone, 2:30 pm at the Alhambra Golf Course.
- Tuesday, March 24: GHS Boys Volleyball v. Rio Hondo Prep, Large Gym. Varsity plays at 3:15 pm, JV team plays at 4:45 pm.
- Tuesday, March 24: GHS Course Registration for current 8th Graders, 7:00 pm at the Goodson Theatre.
- Tuesday, March 24: SGUSD Governing Board Meeting, recognition of GHS PTSA. Meeting will begin at 7:00 pm at 408 Junipero Serra Drive, San Gabriel.
- Tuesday, March 24:Dog Haus Fundraiser for GHS PTSA (every Tuesday): See flyer for more information.
- Wednesday, March 25: GHS Baseball v. Marshall, Varsity team plays here at 3:15 pm.
- Wednesday, March 25: GHS Boys Volleyball v. Los Altos, Large Gym. Varsity plays at 3:15 pm, JV team plays afterwards.
- Wednesday, March 25: GHS Softball v. Marshall. Varsity plays at home at 3:15 pm, JV team plays at McKinley Elementary.
- Thursday, March 26: GHS Swim v. Schurr, 3: 15 pm at Smith Park.
- Thursday, March 26: GHS Open House & Art Expo and GHS PTSA Association Meeting, 5:30 to 8:00 pm, starting in the Large Gym.
- Friday, March 27: Minimum Day, school ends at 11:25 am.
- Friday, March 27: GHS Baseball v. Arroyo, Varsity team plays here at 3:15 pm.
- Friday, March 27: GHS Softball v. Arroyo. Varsity plays at home at 3:15 pm, JV team plays at McKinley Elementary.
Please keep these in mind for the next few weeks:
- Monday, March 30 to Friday, April 3: Spring Break.
- Wednesday, April 8: Late Start Day, all students must be at school by 9:30 am.
Thank you and have a great week!
--GHS PTSA Board